Tuesday, September 21, 2010

week 22

week 22
Hmm, week 22.  All I can really say about week 22 is that I definitely feel pregnant.    Things like folding over to tie my shoes when I am sitting, well its uncomfortable now.  My belly is growing more and more and I feel like I look unmistakable pregnant, FINALLY.  Today was my first day back to work since last Wednesday (I took a quick trip down to Montana to visit my sister and nieces, more on that in a later post) and more customers started asking me about being pregnant.  I was asked by one customers if I had been eating watermelon seeds, ha clever.  I am still suffering from the cold I got last weekend and sadly traveling while sick didn't help.  
On my trip I was able to stop by an H&M and pick up some maternity clothes.  I got a few plain solid color tee's that are long enough to cover my belly, two pairs of maternity skinny jeans, and a maternity pencil skirt.  The jeans are pretty awesome because they fit perfect, are super comfortable and actually still have the button and belt loops on it.  So they look like normal old jean with a shirt tucked into them.  I wish I had purchased more of the jeans.  I also got a bunch of super cute stuff for the little bean in my belly.  Ill post more about that later. 
week 22
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love how this Week 22 Spaghetti Squash keeps referring to His lips, His irises and His deep wrinkles in the skin!! His, His, His! Hope it is right! =) Love you Kiddo!