Friday, April 8, 2011

Tummy Time!

I read somewhere that baby's should have at least 30 minutes of tummy time a day.  There are lots of benefits such as giving the back's of their heads a break (although Ruby is hardly ever laying on the back of her head, she prefers me to hold her), putting pressure of their belly's to help with digestion and some other things.  Since reading that I have faithfully been putting Ruby on her tummy a couple times a day.  Sometimes she HATES it and looks at me like she want to kill me because I put her on her belly.  Other times she enjoys it!  Tonight was the longest stretch she went for and she held her head up off the ground for most of the time.
 
Since she did so well on her belly I put her in her bumbo for a few minutes.  She liked it, but I had to hold her head the whole time. 
One of Ruby's favorite things is to be NAKED.  She kicks her legs and swings her arms around like crazy when she is naked.  She also loves to stare at the little kid faces in her book "Look, look!", preferable naked of course.

2 comments:

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

Reminds me of you. 8)

She Said... said...

my little one HATES tummy time~ no matter what I do to entertain her while she is on her belly, she just "gives up" and rubs her face in the ground crying until we pick her up. It is quite sad.

I don't know if you have heard of Gripe Water, but that helped Chloe out so much when she had gas and couldn't get it out. It was instant pain relief, and it is all natural.