Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A party fit for a superhero.


This past weekend was gorgeous, again, and it was our nephews fourth birthday! We celebrated with a superhero party. It was so cute, everyone dressed up and had some super superhero fun.
In other news our bean is the size of a blueberry now!
Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place. Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs -- although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long.
So I have been peeing like crazy which I find out is because: HCG (pregnancy hormone) increases blood (and urine) flow, your more-efficient kidneys rid waste quicker since you're now peeing for two, and that growing uterus is pressed right down on your bladder. I literally go pee 3x a night minimum and during the day way too many to count. Also I my tummy is sticking out more than usual, in all honesty I FEEL HUGE. haha. Which is funny to think because of how big I am actually going to get. The muscle around my hips, lower back and lower tummy area ache. Everyone tells me its because the muscles are stretching to accommodate my little bean. I am still insanely tried and I think I have been hit with morning sickness. Yesterday I was nauseous all day and today it hit me around 10 and has lasted pretty much all day since. I am thankful that it seems to wait until later in the morning rather than starting right away.

1 comment:

Sherrie Jo said...

I just had a funny thought: Now you and Dan will start collecting baby things! And where will the baby sleep? He/she can sleep at grandma's house :-)