Saturday, November 6, 2010

week 29

I am starting to feel a little less energetic these days, I think it is a combination of the gross weather and being in my third trimester.  Also I got my 28 week blood work back and I am low on iron, so that is another reason for no energy.  I did get some iron supplements and have been taking them for a couple days now.  As far as sleep... Well its really hard for me to find a comfortable position I normally just give up and sleep in an uncomfortable one and wake up a million and a half times a night.  
I can't believe its only two and half months until our due date.  Since realizing its sooo close Dan and I are putting more effort towards the rooms.  Its an obnoxious process of going through things and deciding wether we want to keep it or not.  If we keep it we then have to think of where will it go.  If we don't want it anymore we have to decided wethers its garbage, thrift store worthy or consignment shop worthy.  

Your baby is as big as a butternut squash, weightwise -- about 2 1/2 pounds. (Length: a tad over 15 inches, head to heel.)

baby center:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain/loss? 12 pounds my last appointment.


Stretch marks? absolutely none (yet!).

Sleep? lame 

Movement? all the time

Food cravings/aversions?  None for either

Gender? Its a surprise.

Labor signs? I have been having the normal Braxton Hicks contractions.  They are interesting.

Belly button in/out? it is really close to being a full outty

What I miss the most right now:  Sleep

What I am looking forward to: Being done with the room swap


"Waist" measurement: 38 inches, I grew an half an inch!

4 comments:

LRC said...

I'm sorry sleep is so hard to come by these days! Have you thought about a body or pregnancy pillow? My husband surprised me w/a pregnancy pillow at about 20 weeks and it was a great investment. Ot just cocoon yourself with the pillows you do have! Either way, I hope it gets better soon.

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

You said you wake up " a million and a half times" so, is that like 1,500,000 times ( a million plus a half a million) or is it 1,000,0001/2 times ( a million times plus a half of another time) just confused. 8)
Love ya. Dad (or as you and your sisters say Pops LOL)

Janet said...

Ashleigh,
I LOVE these posts. You have the cutest baby belly I have seen... maybe it's all those lovely stars?? I'm sorry you aren't sleeping, it's all part of Motherhood. :-) See you in a few!

judylooh said...

You are so beautiful....I love reading you blog. Hang in there! I love you so much.....wishing I was there to share many moments of your pregnancy with you!!!! Love Mom.