Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas wrap!

I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations, the smells, the snow, the music, the joy, the meaning, the gift wrapping...I could go on and on and on.
I am proud to say I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done!  I only have three things to buy.  Everything else is in the mail on its way to me.  I did receive two gifts today and promptly wrapped them.  I love wrapping gifts and making them pretty.  This year I decided I would go an eco-friendly route and wrap all my gifts in fabric.  One thing that encouraged me to wrap with fabric is wrapping paper is expensive and typically comes with designs I DON'T fancy.  So, I went through my fabric stash and found some pieces I was willing to sacrifice to gift wrapping.  Above are my first two gifts, wrapped in some old curtains I found at the thrift store a while back.  I think they are great and now my tree doesn't have a bare spot under it.  

1 comment:

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

Pretty cool idea. I like it.

My idea of wrapping is twine and newspaper. It's nostalgic as well as reusing something already used.

Kind of like I wrapped your wedding shower gifts way back. LOL