Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

photo stolen from Hannah's blog
I worked until 2:00 on Thanksgiving and then headed over to Dan's parents house.  We arrived and started helping prepare stuff.  I cut up some veggies for the salad and helped put all the delicious food on the tables.  Once everything was set we all washed our hands and sat down to eat.  Dan dad, who hasn't been able to join us for Thanksgiving for a while, prayed and then we all dug in.  There was sooo much food we all ate ourselves silly full.  Some of us weighed ourselves before we ate so we could see how much the food we ate weighed in us.  The average weight was 3 pounds, but Dan's cousin Nathaniel's food weighed 7 pounds in his belly can you believe that.  Once we all ate to our maximum capacity we all helped clean up then sat around with food babies and played games and chatted.  Once our good settled we got out the desert.  Dan aunt Lisa always makes the desert and it is always the BEST ever.  This year she made a cheesecake apple crisp hybrid (delicious), a coconut cream pie, a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie.  I had a piece of the cheesecake and the coconut cream pie.  They were both to die for.  I was so full that I sat on the couch and couldn't move.  The baby in my belly was moving a whole lot though, I think it liked the pie.  Everyone put their hands on my belly and felt the little bean going crazy.  Once I was able to move Dan and I left for home.  Sadly we forgot to grab some leftover's, which I am regretting big time right now.  
It was a beautiful day and I hope everyone's was as great as mine.

2 comments:

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

I had an equally good time.
Good folk, good food, good time.
Since I had to leave early (work related) I was able to take a slice of pumkin pie and 2 eclair things.
The pie was a very good breakfast and the eclair things were ,,,,,, well they were sweet, really sweet. LOL
I have always given Dans family points for being so welcoming and inclusive. A pretty good group, and they cook so darn well.
Oh yeah, I fell into the 3 pound group but was shooting for more. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving. Wish I could of been in town to celebrate with my family. Love you and miss you ton.s