Saturday, December 11, 2010

week 34

Six more weeks, give or take a few.  
About three days ago I noticed a shift in the way I feel mentally and physically.  Mentally I have noticed some fears about birth and parenthood coming up, but nothing too serious.  The closer we get the more it is sinking in that we are going to be parents and our lives are NEVER going to be the same.  Physically I feel pretty good, still no back ache (crossing my fingers).  I have noticed I am tiring out much quicker than I usually do and I move a lot slower than I usually do; I shifted back into the need for naps.  Whenever I sit or stand in one spot for a long time my body get's really uncomfortable.  To ward that off I just keep moving and it seems to really help with the overall uncomfortableness of being so pregnant.  Surprisingly I got my first rib kick this morning,  luckily I have a long torso which provides plenty of room for baby to kick around without making it to my ribs.  The only reason I got some kicks this morning was cause of the way I was sitting.  I think our baby might take after Dan and become a drummer.  Every once and a while the baby will do a cluster of really quick thumps right around where it's hand are located.  Sadly it is on my bladder so after the baby is done with it's little drum session I typically have to go pee.  
baby center:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous aboutpreterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

2 comments:

An Alaskan Gypsy said...

I like your post and the picture.
Love you guys 8)

Erin Alaska said...

This is one of my fave pics of you!! Love your painted wall and it really makes your sleeve and belly stand out beautifully. soo excited for you sweets!! Wish I could be seeing you today, but, as usual. Mike is working a double. poo.