Saturday, August 21, 2010

week 18, already


week 18
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
I cannot believe I am almost half done growing this baby. I still feel him/her move all day long (gets this from Dan), I think this will be my favorite part of being pregnant and probably the only part I will miss. Since the baby can hear I make a point of singing songs aloud when I am alone. I always get excited for Sundays worship at church, the baby will know all the worship song when he/she is born. The baby also gets to listen to Dan play the drums during worship. Ever since I told Dan the baby can hear him now he always greets the baby and lets it know he loves it A LOT. He's going to make the best Dad. I think Jack is sensing the baby in my belly, he likes to cuddle up around my tummy when we take naps or when I am just sitting around watching a movie or am on the internet. I am excited to see their first encounter. Oh yeah, I have also been doing my Kegel exercises, to strengthen my pelvic floor, everyday! Along with other ones to strengthen my transversus abdominis, the inner most abdominal muscle, I hear strengthening the muscle can help you push during labor. I figure its never to early to start working these muscle out!

Here's a quick photo I just took with photobooth (I do the other ones on Wednesdays). I just found these jeans at the consignment shop today. They are a size 4 and I can wear them comfortably, which is funny cause all my other jeans I can button but they definitely are not comfortable. I keep searching for clothes at the consignment shop that I am willing the stretch with a big pregnant belly. I am not willing to sacrifice my current wardrobe to the belly.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I love you and our Baby!!