Sunday, May 22, 2011

this week and weekend

DeAnna and Felix
Sometimes I get in super lazy ruts where the only thing that sounds good is doing nothing, ha.  I hate being in those ruts and with my introduction into parenthood it was, sometimes, a lot easier to do nothing than to figure out how to do it with a baby in tow.  The past few months I have done active things but not nearly as often as I would have before becoming a parent.  This week I think I have finally had a break through.  I went on two hike/walks up salmon creek trail.  From here on I will make myself get out and go for a walk or hike at least three times a week or more! 
Felix running up the hill
 My sister-in-law, Hannah, is due with her third baby boy any day now.  This specific walk up salmon creek trail was a shot at making her go into labor, she is still pregnant. 
Ruby slept most of the walk

Hannah and Jude




Ruby and grandma Sherrie

Asher


 This weekend four churches in town participated in a Word Retreat, many of our loved ones went.  This is us driving out to the Shrine to surprise them and let them know we are praying for them and love them tons!
The Shrine


 
inside the shrine
 Lots of people showed up to support their loved ones attending the retreat.  The men attending the retreat were in the shrine worshiping the Lord and praying while getting blessed with a washing of their feet.  We, loved ones, surprised them by coming in with candles singing, it was so emotional!  The picture above was after the men attending the retreat had left the building.

 Our dear friend, Jack, wanted to get baptized out there!






What a perfect weekend!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

oh wow! You do live in a beautiful part of the world! great photo of the baby bump! and the baptism was a wonderful thing to celebrate!

Erin Alaska said...

Sounds amazing!!! We just did the Salmon creek trail tonight :)) love that Jack was baptized out there...beautiful! Love you guys !

Dan said...

Whoo hoo Jack.