Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hooray!


Guess what.
Today I had something that I haven't had for the last three months. MOTIVATION. Its back and I hope its here to stay! I put it to good use today and cleaned my house, which really needed it. I picked up all the super random things that collect around the house, swept, vacuumed, arranged, wiped everything down, I even cleaned the toilet! I have recently moved into my second trimester and I am thanking that for the return of my motivation and energy.

Week 12
The baby is the size of a plum!
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and the mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. The intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and the kidneys will begin excreting urine into the bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. The face looks unquestionably human: The eyes have moved from the sides to the front of the head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long and weighs half an ounce.
So I do have somewhat of a bump going on, if you didn't know I was pregnant you would just think I was really bloated. I still have moments of sickness happening that I hope go away soon. I have aversions to onions and cravings for nothing.
p.s. my dogs breath smells like dead fish. Anyone have any advice on what I could do for this? (I already give him those treats that are supposed to make their breath better, they don't work)

3 comments:

Sherrie Jo said...

Yay Ashleigh, glad your feeling better. Want to make jelly tomorrow night (Monday)? Mom s

Dan said...

Brush his teeth

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your feeling better kiddo. As for Jacks fish breath,,, quit feeding him fish that should help.
Love ya Dad