Tuesday, April 27, 2010

thrift scores...


So today, like any other day, I went to the thrift store. I went a little later than usual, I normally go straight after work but I did a few other errands before I went today. Once I got there a truck pulled up with a bunch of furniture in it. I looked around for a while and didn't really come across anything too special. As I was leaving they started to unload the truck, lucky for my the person unloading it was a customer of mine and was nice enough to tell me I was about to miss some super cool retro furniture. So of course I stayed and waited for them to start pulling stuff out of the truck. They pulled a cool retro dining set out of the truck, sadly it was too big for my little kitchen. Then they pulled out this hutch, I ran inside and put my name on it right away! I love it, I am still brainstorming about where to put it. Also I want to paint it, mustard yellow?

After scoring at the thrift store I went for a walk with my friend Leticia and her son Kellen. We went on the new Auke Lake trail. Today was pretty nice, 65 and sunnyish. The trail and walk were awesome!

Just wanted to note that these are the BEST tortillas EVER!

4 comments:

Erin Alaska said...

love Auke Bay trail. why am I not surprised you found something so cute today, of course, I was working. ;)
Gave you a little shout out in my blog today..:))

Anonymous said...

You should show the pic of the awesome parking job you did and not even hitting your car. 8) Hope your enjoying my trip to Montana. LOL

rachel said...

that hutch is amazing! NICE FIND! that worked out perfectly! and a birthday pancake party?! ohh, pictures, please! that would be so fun!

Kara said...

Ah! What a score. So cute!